Until there was a pay raise in 1814, US Congressmen were paid $6 per diem when Congress was in session.
Places I want to return with my kids:
2. Washington D.C. historical sites and the nearby civil war battlefields (Gettysburg, Antietam, etc)
3. Carlsbad Caverns
4. New York City — the only place I have ever been that was bigger in real life than in my imagination.
6. Disney World
9. Hiking on the Appalachian Trail
10. Mission in Nogales, Mexico
11. Grand Lake Baptist Assembly (Northeastern Baptist Association of Oklahoma campgrounds)
12. Picher, Oklahoma