Topic: Samson: The Real Iron Man
Speaker: John Mark Caton
Text: Judges 13-16
Date: June 2, 2013
- What was the pattern that the Israelite people had established in their relationship with God during the time of the Judges? How does this compare with the behavior of Samson?
- What is a Nazarite vow? What was the purpose that Samson was supposed to fulfill and how does the Nazarite vow relate to this purpose?
- Why did Samson’s father want Samson to not marry a Philistine?
- Did Samson fulfill the role to which he was called? Why?
- What were the results of Samson being led by unchecked passion?
- What are the results of an unbridled anger in a person’s life?
- How does pride limit a person’s potential?
- Are you chasing after something that is sweet, ignoring that it is embodied in something that is dead?
- Samson made a riddle out of his sin? Are you taking pleasure in something that demonstrates you are not where God would have you?
- Will you make a commitment to repent of your sin and commit serve God and him alone?
More sermons from John Mark Caton are availabe at CottonwoodCreek.org