Lamech’s Song of the Sword (Gen 4:23-24) from Russell Moore on Vimeo.
Sermon Title: Lamech’s Song of the Sword
Biblical Text: Genesis 4:17-24
Speaker: Dr. Russell Moore
Date: October 3, 2010
Location: Highview Baptist Church, Louisville, Kentucky
- Why does Cain name the city that he founded after the name of his son Enoch?
- Dr. Moore speaks of Cain’s actions as being “in the flesh.” What does it mean to act “in the flesh”?
- How do we see the beginnings of civilization in Genesis 4?
- Why do you think the stories of human beings in music, movies, novels and other forms of expression are dominated by themes that the speaker describes as “dark”? How does the song of Lamech in Genesis 4:24-25 compare?
- Cain tries to hide his sin, but Lamech boasts about it. Do you think that sin progresses generationally? What can we do about that?
- What might be the result of anger, arrogance, and envy that goes unchecked in the home?
- What is the significance of the birth of Seth?
- Will you turn your back upon a lifestyle of sin, repent, and trust in Christ to transform you?
- What change might take place in your life as you place your trust completely in the Lord Jesus Christ?