I love to hear about the books that others are reading. Have one to share?
It is also intriguing to look at what books (music, etc.) people buy from Amazon after clicking through from this website. I always discover some really cool stuff by browsing the results. Check it out — the following are items that since April people have purchased from Amazon after clicking through from KevinStilley.com.
First, a few thoughts about the list:
- I reviewed Len Sweet’s book So Beautiful: Divine Design for Life and the Church indicating that it was horrible and recommending that no one waste their time on such gibberish. After which, someone clicked through from my review and purchased the book. I guess they showed me!
- Several of my favorite books show up on this list, including Quo Vadis.
- The list includes some excellent exegetical and theological reference works such as A Theology of the New Testament and Ephesians: An Exegetical Commentary and the ESV Study Bible.
And, now for the list . . .
- 100 Most Important Events in Christian History, The
- 101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged
- A Theology of the New Testament
- A Time of Departing
- After the Locusts: Restoring Ruined Dreams, Reclaiming Wasted Years
- Be Confident (Hebrews): Live by Faith, Not by Sight (The BE Series Commentary)
- Be Mature (James): Growing Up in Christ (The BE Series Commentary)
- Be Rich (Ephesians): Gaining the Things That Money Can’t Buy (The BE Series Commentary)
- Dear and Glorious Physician, A Novel about Saint Luke
- Deceived on Purpose
- ESV Study Bible (Black)
- Eldership in Action: Through Biblical Governance of the Church
- Electrical Power Systems Quality
- Encountering God in the Psalms
- Ephesians: An Exegetical Commentary
- Fundamentals Of Electric Power Quality
- Halley’s Bible Handbook with the New International VersionDeluxe Edition
- Humor: The Magic of Genie
- Is Sex Necessary?: Or, Why You Feel the Way You Do (Harper colophon books)
- Journey to the End of the Night
- Looking at Philosophy: The Unbearable Heaviness of Philosophy Made Lighter
- Mayberry Humor Across the U. S. A.
- Pensees (Penguin Classics)
- Quo Vadis
- So Beautiful: Divine Design for Life and the Church
- Social Justice & the Christian Church
- Taking Back the United Methodist Church
- The Emergent Church- Undefining Christianity
- The Gnostic Empire Strikes Back: An Old Heresy for the New Age
- The Heart of the Artist
- The Huguenots: Fighters for God and human freedom
- The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief
- The Last Books of H.G. Wells: The Happy Turning: A Dream of Life & Mind at the End of its Tether
- The Letter to the Ephesians (Pillar New Testament Commentary)
- The Liberated Imagination: Thinking Christianly About the Arts (Wheaton Literary Series)
- The Lost Symbol
- The Mentor’s Guide to Biblical Eldership: Twelve Lessons for Mentoring Men to Eldership
- The New Interpreter’s Bible: Kings – Judith (Volume 3)
- The New Interpreter’s Bible: Numbers – Samuel (Volume 2)
- The New Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible: Large Print Edition
- The Prophet
- The Road Less Traveled, 25th Anniversary Edition : A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth
- The Shack
- The Silver Chalice (Loyola Classic)
- The Unity Factor
- Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts
- Turning Points: Decisive Moments in the History of Christianity
- West with the Night
- Wiersbe’s Expository Outline on the New Testament (Warren Wiersbe)
DVD, ELECTRONICS & MISCELLANEOUS
* * * * *
Do you have thoughts on any of the above items?