Sitting at the dinner table my five-year-old volunteered to voice our family prayer. And, he had plenty of things for which he was thankful, including “gravity” and “ants”. In five decades of life I don’t believe I have ever thanked God for gravity. But as my five-year-old pointed out, “Just think what would happen to you without gravity.” I’m not sure what his thinking was regarding ants.
The Scripture tells us “in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18) My child’s thankfulness for gravity and ants makes me ask how many blessings are there in my life for which I have failed to be properly thankful.
- Thanksgiving – select quotes
- A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
- Abraham Lincoln’s Declaration of Thanksgiving
- 1st National Proclamation of Thanksgiving
- A Thanksgiving Pop Quiz
- An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving
- A Thanksgiving Poem